Auto Insurance Claims & Policy Assitance
If you are involved in an accident or you vehicle was stolen while driving in Mexico, there are several steps you will need to take to ensure coverage. All of our Mexico Auto Insurance underwriters offer a 24 hour toll free claims hotline for reporting claims while in Mexico. The Mexico Auto Insurance claims adjusters speak both English and Spanish. Below is some helpful information on claims procedures for Mexico:
- Insurance Claims Number
- Accident procedure for Mexico
- Stolen Car information
In case of an accident or theft in Mexico Contact your Mexico Auto Insurance Underwriter at the number listed below:
- Toll free number in Mexico call: 01-800-004-9600
- US / Canadian toll.free phone number for resolving / finalizing your claim after you return from Mexico: Telephone 011 52 (6646) 34 27 81 or Telephone 011 52 (6646) 34 14 46
- Facsimile – 011 52 (6645) 34 68 72
In the event of a claim, you must report the claim while you are still in Mexico (If you leave the country without reporting the claim, you risk having the claim denied). To Report a Claim Contact your Mexico Insurance Provider at the Numbers Provided Above INSURANCE IS VALID ONLY IN THE REPUBLIC OF MEXICO.
What to do if you are Involved in an Accident in Mexico
In the event of an accident in Mexico do not move your car, or leave the scene unless authorities instruct you to do so. If you have an emergency while driving, the equivalent of “911” in Mexico is “060”, but this number is not always answered. If you are driving on a toll highway (or “cuota”) or any other major highway, you may contact the Green Angels (Angeles Verdes), a fleet of trucks with bilingual crews. The Green Angels may be reached directly at (01) (55) 5250-8221. If you are unable to call them, pull off the road and lift the hood of your car, chances are they will find you. Contact you Mexico Auto Insurance Company at the numbers above. Your Mexico Auto Insurance policies requires that an accident report be taken in order to file a claim. Below is some information you should obtain if your are in an accident:
- Name, address, & phone number of each driver, passenger, and witness
- Insurance company name & policy number for each vehicle involved.
- Do NOT admit fault or assume responsibility for the accident.
- Do NOT discuss the details of the accident with anyone other than a police officer.
- Obtain the number of the police report and the name and badge number of the police officer who investigated the accident.
- If you have a camera, it is always helpful to have photos of the accident.
Procedures if your Vehicle is Stolen in Mexico
In the event of a stolen vehicle, you must report the claim while you are still in Mexico (If you leave the country without reporting the claim, you risk having the claim denied). To report a claim in Mexico contact your Mexico Auto Insurance provider at the numbers provided above. You will also need to contact one or all of the following Mexico agencies:
- Ministerio Público (District Attorney’s Office)
- Policía Federal Preventiva (PFP – Federal Police)
- Seguridad Pública (Municipal police)
Step to Take when you Return Home
It is important that you inform the authorities in the city that the vehicle is registered that your vehicle was stolen in Mexico. You may also want to contact you U.S. or Canadian insurance provider to inform them of the situation. Once you are back in the U.S. you can contact the Mexico Auto Insurance underwriters at the numbers above.
Disclaimer: This information is provided as a service. Carinsuranceformexico.com its agents and affiliations assume no liability for any reliance on information provided. Policies vary in coverage amounts and information see your policy Terms & Conditions for complete coverage details. No attorney – client relationship is intended or created by this information